Holy cow! This recipe is the best thing since sliced bread. My new phrase is going to be, “This is the best thing since sliced pineapple, coconut banana bread!” Okay, so maybe that is a bit wordy but you get my point. This is delicious!! And it was so easy to make. I still can’t believe that such a simple recipe produces such wonderful results. And the funny thing is, right after I made it, the bread started disappearing at a very fast pace. So fast that when I thought I’d better get up and take a photo of it for my blog, it was already half gone. So, sorry about that – next time I will have my finger ready to snap a photo as it comes out of the oven. Mmmm…piping hot pineapple, coconut banana bread….oooh, with a little swoosh of butter on top. Maybe it’s time to make another one. Oh and here’s the kicker. The recipe calls for a glaze on top…I didn’t even get around to making it. It was divine without it.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- optional: 1/2 to 1 tsp. pineapple extract
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Stir in banana, pineapple and coconut (add pineapple extract now if you are using it). Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until combined. Spoon into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350-f degrees for 65-70 minutes or until bread test done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
Credit for the recipe goes to: Tasteofhome.com