Looking for a tropical treat that is refreshing? Here it is! They are very addictive – I’m on my third already. So delicious!
Easy to make Pineapple Bars! With just a few ingredients you can whip these bars up anytime! Serve with a little coconut drizzle and they will quickly become a family fave!
Recipe Source: bars & squares by Jill Snider
Pineapple Squares Recipe:
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained just drain off excess, does not need to be dry
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch baking dish with non stick spray.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until blended. Stir in flour and baking powder, mixing until crumbly. Press evenly into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven until golden around the edges, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes.
For Filling & Topping:
- Spread pineapple evenly over cooled crust.
- In medium bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended. Stir in coconut. Spread evenly over pineapple.
- Return to oven and bake until set, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Cut into squares.