Mmm…doesn’t that sound wonderful? And here’s a little insider scoop for you, they taste wonderful too! As I sample one, purely for the sake of writing this blog of course, I first notice the delectable chocolate ganache followed by a hint of orange and the consistency of a cookie bar. Woo-wee, that is one tasty bite of goodness right there! Enjoy 🙂
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange zest
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, and butter an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Combine the butter, sugar, and orange zest together in the bowl of a mixer. Cream together until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg, and mix to combine, then do the same with the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the salt, flour, and cornstarch. Whisk to fully incorporate.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Flatten the dough evenly into the prepared pan (I used wax paper to keep it off of my hands and get a smooth surface).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. The edges will be golden, and the center will no longer look wet. Let cool completely before proceeding.
- Heat the heavy cream in the microwave until near boiling, then add the chocolate chips and let sit for 30 seconds. Stir vigorously with a fork or whisk until completely smooth. Pour the ganache over the cooled cookies (still in the pan). Let set for at least one hour before cutting.
Recipe courtesy of: Thekitchenpaper.com