Okay, so I spelled cookie the wrong way but hey, I was going with a theme in the title so let me cut loose for a moment with my creative whimsy. Now I have made a lot of chocolate chip cookies in my day but this one turned out just right and it was delicious with its hint of sea salt in the batter. As I write this, I have had three already. Yum to Infinity and Beyond!!
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tsp Mexican vanilla extract (I used regular vanilla extract)
2 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 cups dark chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet chips)
More sea salt for sprinkling on top (I skipped this)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Cream together butter and sugars in a stand mixer until combined.
- Scrape down sides of mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until combined. Stir in dark chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into large balls (exactly 24!) and place twelve on two cookie sheets. Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes and pull them out when they are browning on the edges but still slightly wet in the middle. Let cool completely on the cookie sheets, about fifteen minutes.
Recipe courtesy of: therosetable.com
2 comments on “Ooey-Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookey”Add yours →
And they are tasty and delicious! Make a double batch, folks, because these won’t last long on the plate.
Thank you Sandi for your kind words! They really are addictive. I had two right after Jeff left for work and then three more later on in the day. (Don’t tell him.) 😉