A delightful puff of cloud-like goodness all in one tiny cookie, that’s how I would describe these delicious morsels. Light and airy with hints of vanilla and almond and topped off with a dusting of icing sugar. Time for one more…well, maybe just one more after that. Here is the recipe so you can bake your own! Enjoy 🙂
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1- 3/4 cup cake flour
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Cream together butter and cream with electric mixer.
- Add sugar and beat for 1 minute. Add egg and beat to combine. Add extracts and beat until combined. Add in baking powder and cake flour (in three sections), mixing to combine.
- Once incorporated, refrigerate dough for at least an hour.Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Dough is sticky so use flour on your hands to roll out 1 to 2 inch balls. You can use the bottom of a cup/glass dipped in flour to gently flatten the balls. Don’t flatten too much or the cookies won’t puff up.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Important: Pull them out when you see the underside edges turning golden! This might vary for your oven and altitude. Watch these cookies carefully!
Recipe courtesy of Pizzazerie.com