For a fast and simple supper this is one tasty chicken stir fry that will have you going back for seconds…maybe even thirds!
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4) cut into thin strips
- 1 cup of thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup of thinly sliced onion
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 2 cups of small bite-size broccoli pieces
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 1 Tbsp sherry or alcohol free sherry
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
Stir water into cornstarch in small bowl. Set aside.
Heat wok or frying pan on medium-high. Add first amount of cooking oil. Add chicken strips, onion and carrot. Stir-fry for about 4 minutes until no pink remains in chicken.
Add second amount of cooking oil to hot wok. Add broccoli. Stir fry for 3 minutes until bright green.
Add remaining 6 ingredients. Stir to heat through. Stir cornstarch mixture. Stir into chicken mixture until boiling and thickened. Makes 4 cups. Serves 4.
Recipe from: Company’s Coming Cookbook: Stir-Fry by Jean Paré