How to win friends and influence people? Serve them a slice of this loaf that is bursting with fresh blueberries and lemon zest! So many complementary flavors going on in this recipe. Tangy yogurt, sweet maple syrup, citrusy lemon zest and of course those wonderful blueberries all topped off with a blend of turbinado and sparkling sugar!
- 1½ cups (188 grams) plus 1 tablespoon (8 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1½ cups (187 grams) cake flour
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- ¾ cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup (170 grams) maple syrup
- 3 large eggs (150 grams)
- ½ cup (110 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
- 1 tablespoon (3 grams) lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- ½ cup (120 grams) Greek yogurt*
- 1 cup (170 grams) fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1½ cups (188 grams) all-purpose flour, cake flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, maple syrup, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla bean seeds, and zest. Whisk in yogurt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, and whisk just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- In a small bowl, toss together blueberries and remaining 1 tablespoon (8 grams) all-purpose flour. Fold blueberries into batter. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Top with turbinado sugar and sparkling sugar (I bought mine at JoAnn’s).
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes, covering with foil halfway through baking to prevent excess browning. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe from: Baked From Scratch Magazine – Jan/Feb 2019
2 comments on “Blueberry Muffin Loaf”Add yours →
As a happy taste tester of this cake, I know for a fact that it is a winner!
Aww, thank you so much Sandi!