Baked fritters? Yes! Delicious? You betcha! These are a crowd pleaser that’s for sure. Little bites of blueberry bliss, that’s what I call them. Oh and then there’s the glaze that goes on top. I might have to go and make a batch after I finish posting this recipe. Let’s get to it, shall we?
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (5.3 ounce) containers blueberry greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons blueberry jam or mashed fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, vanilla and yogurt. Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling each one almost full. Bake for 15 minutes or until they just start to turn light brown on top.
- Remove the fritters from the oven and turn the oven broiler on high. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the fritters to the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk and blueberry jam until smooth.
- One fritter at a time, dip the top into the glaze and set upright back on the baking sheet for the glaze to drizzle down the sides of the fritter. Place fritters in the oven and let broil until they start to crisp and caramelize on top, about 3-4 minutes. Rotate the baking sheets every minute to insure even caramelization. Be sure to watch the fritters carefully so they don’t blacken and burn. Once fritters start to turn brown in spots, remove from oven. Brush remaining glaze over the tops of the fritters. Let glaze set for about 15 minutes before enjoying them.
Notes: Store in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds or in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of: The Baker Mama at bakermama.com
4 comments on “Baked Blueberry Fritter Bites”Add yours →
These are amazing! I know from first hand experience. I couldn’t keep my hands off of them!!!
Thanks Sandi! I’ll be making more soon and will be sure to share. 🙂
OMG, these look amazing! My husband loves apple fritters. If he likes these, I may have to try to this recipe with apples, too!
Yes, these blueberry fritters are pretty tasty and addictive. Let me know how they turn out when you make them with apples.