Get yourself a cold glass of milk and start loafing around with a slice or two of this delicious and moist quick bread.
This pineapple coconut bread is rich and sweet, made with toasted coconut, pineapple, eggs and butter. For a real tropical feel, add a bit of lime juice to the batter and sing “The Coconut” song by Harry Nilsson while you wait for it to bake.
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained well
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a loaf pan with baking spray.
- Spread coconut on a baking sheet and bake for 6 to 10 minutes shaking the tray occasionally and checking every 2 minutes.
- In your stand mixer add the butter and sugar and cream together on high speed until light and fluffy for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl and whisk together until well mixed.
- Add eggs, one at a time until fully combined then add in the flour mixture and the sour cream alternating in batches (1/3 of the amount each time).
- Gently add in the pineapple and 1 cup of the coconut flakes with a spatula.
- Add the batter to the loaf pan then sprinkle the top with the remaining coconut.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until the cake is cooked through (test with a toothpick).
Recipe: Courtesy of: Dinner Then Dessert Website