Okay, so I’m not usually a big fan of brownies…that is, until today! Oh my goodness these are good. For my recipe I used Baker’s 56% Cacao Semi-sweet chocolate. (On a side note, does anyone else get a laugh out of saying the word CACAO? No? Just me? Okay then…back to the recipe…You can increase the intensity of the chocolate taste by using 70% bittersweet chocolate and it won’t change the texture of the brownie. Myself, I like it just as it is. CACAO!! lol.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more, softened, for coating the pan
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (we use Diamond Crystal)
- 8 ounces (2 boxes) semisweet chocolate (61 to 66 percent), chopped (about 2 cups). [I used Baker’s Semi-Sweet 56% Cacao chocolate] – Baker’s, Unsweetened 100% Cacao Baking Chocolate Bar, 4 oz
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Step 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan and line with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides; butter parchment.
- Step 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt. In a large heatproof bowl set over (but not in) a pot of simmering water, combine 1 1/2 cups chocolate (6 ounces) and butter; heat, stirring, until melted. Remove from heat. Immediately add sugar and whisk 10 seconds.
- Step 3. Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla; whisk vigorously until glossy and smooth, 45 to 60 seconds. Using a rubber spatula, stir in flour mixture until just combined, then fold in remaining 1/2 cup chocolate (2 ounces). Transfer batter to prepared pan, smoothing top with spatula.
- Step 4. Bake until top is shiny and crackly and a tester comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool 20 minutes. Using parchment overhang, lift brownies from pan. Let cool completely on rack before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days. Enjoy and be sure to share! 🙂
Recipe: Martha Stewart Living magazine – September 2020
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
2 comments on “Fudgy Wudgy Double- Chocolate Brownies”Add yours →
Cacao WOW! These are delicious – chewy on the edges, which I love, and soft in the middle. Not too sweet, just full chocolate goodness. You are the cacao queen, Cathy!
Thanks Sandi! So glad you liked them. Personally, I can’t stop eating them. I’m now a brownie lover!