These bars are also known as Millionaire Bars but to me they are ooey-gooey chocolate deliciousness bars with a layer of caramel but that makes for a long title. You won’t be able to eat just one of these, they are THAT good! You’ll tell yourself you will only have one but then one becomes two and so on. These taste great when they’ve been chilled first in the fridge. Save yourself a trip and just take out two right from the start. Thank me later!
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 ounces semi-sweet, finely chopped
1 teaspoon flaky sea salt (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges; set aside.
- STEP 2 Combine 1 cup butter and sugar in large bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix to combine (mixture will be crumbly). Press into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from oven; let cool while making caramel.
- STEP 3 Stir all Caramel ingredients together except vanilla in heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 20-25 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 236-239°F. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. (Caramel may be speckled with brown bits.) Pour caramel over baked crust and spread evenly (mixture will be very hot). Let cool 1 1/2 hours.
- STEP 4 Microwave chocolate at 50% power in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth. Spread over cooled caramel; sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until chocolate is just set. Let bars sit at room temperature 20 minutes before cutting.
- STEP 5. To cut into sticks, remove from pan using foil overhang. Cut bars in half into 2 (9×6 1/2-inch) rectangles. Cut each rectangle into thirds to make 6 (1/2×3-inch) rectangles. Cut each of these rectangles into 8 (3×3/4-inch) sticks. Enjoy!
Recipe from: Land O’Lakes website
1 comment on “Twix-a-licious Bars!”Add yours →
One bite, and you feel like a million bucks!