Well yee-haw, friends! Saddle up and get on over here for a hot bowl of yummy goodness. I’m fixin’ to tell ya how I make this delicious stew. It’s as easy as can be and you can make it in a slow cooker or a dutch oven. Here we go!
- 1-1/2 lbs of ground beef, fried with half a large onion. Salt & pepper to taste.
- 4 Tbsp of dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices of fried bacon, chopped (Tonight I used maple black pepper bacon and it was goooood!)
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 8 cups of beans. Tonight I used a variety of pinto beans, black beans and Bush’s Bourbon & Brown Sugar beans.
Fry up your ground beef with chopped onion. Drain fat. Add in the dark sugar and stir. Add in Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and ketchup and stir. Add chopped bacon and all the beans. Let it simmer for a spell.
Source of Recipe: My mother-in-love, Bev Rogers
0 comments on “Cowboy Stew”Add yours →