Creamy Tuscan Chicken (Low Carb)
This dish is so yummy with layers of tasty flavors. Once you get your ingredients prepped, it all comes together pretty fast and all in one cast iron skillet. We gave this one five stars!
Let’s get started, shall we?
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 -1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thin cut)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1.2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated + 1/4 cup for garnishing (optional)
- 1/3 cup Gouda cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- When the skillet gets nice and hot, add your chicken and sear on both sides until brown. Put a lid on the top to help the chicken cook. Don’t overcook the chicken. The internal temperature should reach 165°F. (Use a thermometer to help.) Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, onion, and diced tomatoes to pan with Italian seasoning and paprika sauce for 5 minutes stirring occasionally on medium/ low heat.
- De-glaze pan with chicken broth. Scrape the pan to remove the bits that might have stuck to the bottom. Make sure to keep them in the pan as they add incredible flavor.
- Add heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, Gouda, and spinach and simmer on medium heat until the sauce begins to thicken stirring occasionally so that it doesn’t stick. (It took mine approx seven minutes.)
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, and simmer on low heat for two minutes.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese on top of chicken if desired.
Recipe source: Insanelygoodrecipes.com